All 17 art Reviews

RED MEANS RED MEANS

This is fantastic! THe line work is really impressive and the proportions are god damned near perfect!! I really like the colors too, because they clearly stick with the Madness overtone. The angle in which you captured this is really mind bending as well. I don't know what else to say, because this is a really well done piece of art. Awesome job!

Us Us

This is pretty awesome stuff. This piece is good, but it's not as good as your other piece The Becoming (Part 1). Although this one has more characters, there is one thing about it that throws my eye off and that's the knife the boy on the right is holding. Although it looks like he's holding the knife, it also looks like he's holding the ghost's tail. Maybe this is done on purpose, but it just seems a bit odd. As for the the piece as a whole it's wonderful. The colors are brilliant and blend extremely well together and I like how you keep choosing to go with the clown make up. It's a nice touch! My favorite part about this piece is the girl's heart on top of her head. I get the message that she's thinking with her heart instead of her mind, which can only lead to disaster. As for the net around her her head I'm unsure of it. Though it adds to the fact that this lady has been "captured" I feel like it kind of takes away from this kick ass piece. Just above that however on the head board of the bed, the (decoration?) is fucking awesome. I can't tell if they're lights wrapped around the head board, but either way they look really well done and offer insight to your ability with water color. Last, but not least the feet and the boy's ghost/monster (seeping out of a gash on his forehead?) This part is awesome. I very much like the eyes on the monster just as much as I enjoy the feet on the female. Feet are tricky to draw, but it looks like you got the toes down really well! Although I question the big toe on the lighter (pink) foot. It doesn't look quite big enough! And one final note, those eyes in the shadow monster look great (once again) because it has two pupils meaning that there is more to this monster than what meet the viewers eye. This is a very well done piece and I love the style you've taken on. Keep doing what you're doing because it's fucking awesome.

BannBann responds:

Thank you, I enjoy your interpretation. And thanks for the critic as well! And how you call my work awesome! Thanks!
(I thought the lights wrapped around the head board of the bed looked pretty crappy, but I'm glad you like them.)
The knife and the boys hand holding the tail of the ghost/monster is done on purpose.
The knife represents how he protects himself emotionally and from letting anyone get too close. It has also been used to cut open his head to let out these disconnected parts of himself (the monster) so that they can handle the (emotional) situations he doesn't want to have anything to do with. On the same time he's trying to hold these parts back because they also tend to drag him into these situations. Like with the girl. She wants him, he doesnt want her, but he lets out these other parts of himself for her every once in a while. Maybe just to shut her up. I dont really know why. He did stop after a while though.
And the girl is all wrapped up in her own head and feelings and doesnt even really mind the monster tugging at her feet or how bizarre the whole situation is. She is not even turned towards the boy. All she ever sees is her own heart.

The Becoming (Part 1) The Becoming (Part 1)

Awesome! This piece is really good! I just watched the Speed Art video to see the process that went into it, and I gotta say it was wicked cool to watch it be made. It looks incredibly good, especially the face. There's a great emotional depth to it that's extremely captivating. The background also adds a great to this picture to because of it's solid black. The contrast between the skin and sky is perfect! It gives this picture an edge. I also really appreciate the amount of stars in the background, along with the small detailing of the stars. My favorite part of this piece though and what draws me to it is the hair. It looks great and you chose an awesome blend of colors . They're all so warm and give life to the hair. It's brilliant. Something my eye catches though, is right beneath the hair, on the right side. The shoulder seems a bit shorter than the other one. Not that it takes away from the piece in the slightest, but it's a small thing that I thought could have used some improvement. Overall, this is a fucking awesome piece of artwork you have and from the looks of it, a brutally cool style you've developed. KICK ASS JOB

Fetus Fetus

Great! I like your flow in this drawing. My favorite parts of this drawing are his goggles and the fetus itself. They both add a lot of character and questions to this piece. For example, why the fuck is he wearing those Goggles? LOL I think it's awesome. I also like how the man (lady?) is pulling at its collar to get some air as it's exasperated by the fetus. Great touch! Speaking of the fetus, I very much like its facial expression. It looks shocked as it's ejected into the air. The teeth aren't bad. They appear to have some depth, but at the same time they are so simple. It's very interesting. As for the clothing itself, it's alright. There seem to be a lot of wrinkles within the sleeves of his (her?) shirt. It's not necessarily a bad thing, but it just seems a bit unnecessary. Overall, this is a pretty good piece and brought a smile to my face, especially because of those goggles, haha!

SubtractiveWizard responds:

Wow! Than you very much Rambs! I'm glad you enjoyed this picture. Also it's a guy and i drew this a super long time ago when i didn't know what to do with clothing and didn't know how to do wrinkles so i just put lines everywhere hahah.

Symmetry Symmetry

Sweet! This is a pretty unique picture. To start off with, I'm a fan of all the animals used in this picture, and what I really like about this is that it forms its own monster in the end. I only imagine if this monster inherited those animals traits? Foul beast. What also draws me to this piece is the color scheme. All of those colors are very basic and flow really well together. I also like how the crocodile (Alligator?) is all green. Although I wonder what it would look like the white teeth? Though that could take away from the aspect of the giant face. Now onto the teeth, those are some grizzly teeth. Are those the teeth of an animal? Are they shopped? Or are they the parts of other animals? :O The world may never know, but the teeth are a great add to the picture in my opinion because of the great white's you have forming eyes. I feel like the mouth being slightly opened would have made this beast look more fierce. It would resemble the great whites Now the eyes look bugged out, but is this because it's a fish with antlers (falcons) ? I feel like I have seen a fish with antler's somewhere in a Behemoth game trailer, and if you recreated that in this form, holy shit it's awesome. Either way I love this picture and think you did a great job with this piece! Bravo

Lemonardo responds:

Haha, thanks for your review!

What I was going for was its own creature, made from all other creatures - nature itself. Using that, I made the image symmetrical with itself, but not perfectly, as evident in the teeth, to symbolise beauty. I wasn't going for any particular animal form.

Anyway, this artwork was mainly designed partially as cover art for my music, which you can see here: http://w33zl.bandcamp.com/

Thank you for your kind words.

Hazel Hazel

5/5 Not only because it's a good piece, but because your lady friend let you draw her and things sounded successful. E-HIGHFIVE. As for the drawing itself, it's pretty good! The nose came out pretty decent for the angle she is facing. What we see as the right nostril seems a bit wide, but other than that it's a great picture. My favorite part about this piece is the hair. I love the texture you incorporated into it. Her clothes are really well drawn because of the wrinkles. They are very believable. The eyes are good too. They are pretty centered and with the eyebrows there (very well done btw) they give this picture a gentle emotion. I hope you guys banged after this. lol, Great picture, especially for being done on the computer, which brings up a question I have. Did you draw from a picture, or from real life? Either way this is a kick ass picture. P.S. I recommended you for the art portal so I can give this a five, completing the E-HIGHFIVE

man with half his mask removed man with half his mask removed

HOLY SHIT! This is awesome! The exposed half of his face is sinister, and brutally awesome. The second half of this man's face is equally entertaining. Although it doesn't have a lot going on with it, it's still eye catching, perhaps because of the hair? Yep. The hair looks great and the shines in it really give it an extra punch. The yes are awesome looking, however I have an issue with the normal half of his face. I can't tell if his eye is closed or not? I feel like it's not closed, so it's still a really badass picture. Good stuff!

helghyst responds:

its open, i used a grey scale to show a curve to his eye and left the center open and stark white but it did't show up to well in the scan.

White White

Sweet! This picture reminds me a lot of the Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland, but it's a Tiger. SO it's a badass motherfucker. I really like that it is a Siberian Tiger, and those eyes, the color is great! It's a nice shade of blue. I wonder what medium this possibly is? It looks a lot like charcoal, or chalk? I'm unsure and am curious. On a side note did you know that they found an extremely rare black tiger today? It's cool as fuck. I like tigers almost as much as dinosaurs. Back on subject though, this piece is great and I like the few colors used! It's awesome!

Never2MuchPiE responds:

I like your energy, This piece is a 3X4 (or something close, I cant remember) traditional piece done in acrylic on canvas. I'm so stoked you like it! Maybe next I'll do a Kickass Dinosaur :D !!!!

BabyDragon BabyDragon

This is killer! I really like your drawing style and how clean it looks. Another reason why I'm drawn to your art is because of the immense details in the skin and wrinkles you put. It gives it a realistic touch which is great! The only thing that throws me off in this picture is its mouth. It seems a tad bit small, but then again, it IS a baby so maybe it will grow in the future? Another thing I love about this piece is the small birdie in the corner giving the viewer an idea of how big this baby dragon really is. Great touch! Solid work, and I look forward to more.

Transformation Transformation

This is solid work! I really like how most of your drawings have robot and can almost tell a unique back story. I get the sense that this unwilling transformation from human to cyborg could play into the other drawings describing why they are cyborgs, or in a different case it creates this robot super hero. I really like the comic book feel you give to your drawings and this picture REALLY captures it. I like the background a lot, and the glow of the moon is nice. However, the glow emitting from the top of the robot kind of glows with the moon. I personally think that the glow from the moon reflecting off him (above the window sill) is a bit much. The white there seems a bit distracting, but maybe that's just me? Otherwise this picture is great! Solid 5/5